Post-Surgical Rehab in Tallahassee
After surgery, it is not uncommon to feel a wide range of emotions: frustrated and fatigued, yet eager to heal and ready to move on.
At Russo Chiropractic, we take all this into account. For our post-surgical rehabilitation patients, we believe that slow and steady wins the race. At our office, patients can expect a custom-tailored approach to post-surgical rehab in Tallahassee that adheres to a timeline designed to safely meet the patient’s individual treatment goals.
Our post-surgical rehab techniques are backed by Dr. Russo’s impressive 26-year career of providing services to patients who recently experienced an invasive operation. When working with Dr. Russo, you will benefit from not only his extensive experience but unmatched qualifications as a certified chiropractic sports physician and graduate of the Carrick Institute of Neurology’s diplomate program.
How We Approach Post-Surgical Rehab
Each patient requires an individualized treatment protocol. Generally speaking, however, post-surgical rehab patients can expect any one of the following approaches:
- A combination of heat, ice, and interferential therapy (designed to naturally control pain)
- Laser therapies to promote tissue healing on a cellular level
- Targeted scar remodeling treatment
- Tailored soft-tissue stretches to promote increased range of motion
- Neuromuscular re-education, including myofascial release procedures
- targeted strengthening to the surgically repaired area
In addition to these treatments, Dr. Russo is also experienced in active and passive stretching modalities, known formally as Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation, and informally as “flexibility training.” Through this process, post-rehab patients work with us to target specific muscle groups in order to simultaneously increase range while promoting muscle strength.